The Annex houses the JGPG administrative offices, is the primary rehearsal space for Joe Goode Performance Group,
and serves as a multipurpose community venue available to rent for classes, workshops, performances, and special events.
Over the last year (and the numbers continue to climb!), the Annex has held:
1,400+ hours of rehearsal
40+ new works
100+ artists paid
Whatever might have brought you through the doors, we are thankful you showed up!
We love that the space is busy and thriving with creativity and we want to make sure that continues.
That’s where you might come in!
We need your help to keep the place clean; the lights on; the space filled with a constant stream
of shows, classes, & community events — and that all can happen with a monthly donation of $5.
In exchange, let us help you brave the world of performance
by preparing you fully for your next show at The Annex, with our new Show Survival Kit!
[…Yes, we took a cue from our friends & neighbors at KQED].
What’s in the Show Survival Kit?
- A JGPG tote bag – limited release, canvas printed ($20 value)
- A Dandelion Chocolate bar – keep the blood sugar up! ($10 value)
- A pair of drink tickets to use at ANY Annex show – all dance gets better with a drink! ($15 value)
- A cute JGPG stitch-bound journal – custom JGPG notebook for your show notes ($5 value)
- An assortment of special JGPG pins ($5 value)
- A short, sweet note from Joe/staff (priceless😊)
- Total value for $5 per month ($60 over the year): $55
“I hope to create a space to experiment, a space to explore new perspectives on performance as a living and talking art form. San Francisco has always been known as a hotbed for people who are thinkers and visionaries about alternative arts with new ideas around performance. I don’t ever want that to go away.” —Joe Goode