RENT THE JOE GOODE ANNEX FOR YOUR NEXT REHEARSAL, WORKSHOP, OR PERFORMANCE!
- Affordable Rates
- Transit Accessible by BART (16th St Mission) and multiple bus lines
- 28 ft x 42 ft (1176 sq ft) studio/stage space
- Sprung marley floors with radiant floor heat
- Rentable daily from 9am-11pm | 7 days/week
- Wheelchair accessible
- Fluorescent, Natural, and theatrical lighting
- Easy to use sound system
Proof of vaccination (booster not required) OR negative COVID test within 72 hours of use of the Annex is required. Click here to read our full COVID Protocols
PRIVATE REHEARSAL & PUBLIC CLASSES/WORKSHOPS RENTALS
NEW RATES * EFFECTIVE 7/15/22 *
Private Rehearsals: $25/hour
Large Rental Discount – 10% off when you book 20 or more hours.
Email [email protected] to inquire about current corporate rates.
Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 is now Required to be signed before entering the Annex for all people and activities, including but not limited to performances, rehearsals, classes and workshops. Click here for Performance and here for our General/Renter Online Covid Waivers. Waiver will also be provided by the Venue Lead on all rental agreements
- Masks are strongly recommended for groups of 25 or more regardless of the kind of activity. Groups under 25 can elect to not wear masks while rehearsing/dancing
- Unvaccinated individuals can be unmasked but must show a negative Covid test within 72 hours of entering the facility
- Masks are required for audience members of Performances regardless of capacity
- Renter is responsible for checking vaccination status or recent COVID-negative test
Ready to book? Check availability on our public calendar then email [email protected] with the dates and times you want!
STUDIO RENTAL POLICIES
- Payment is due at time of booking. Monthly payment plans are available for long-term rentals.
- All rental activities are subject to Joe Goode Performance Group approval and availability of the space.
- JGPG reserves the right to cancel a rehearsal or class rental due to unforeseen / emergency circumstances. Fully contracted performance rentals will take priority and not be moved, unless in the case of an extreme situation or unresolvable conflict. A bumped renter will be notified as soon as possible and receive credit for a future reservation.
- Payment can be made via credit card or check. Credit card payments of over $500 are subject to a 2.5% credit card processing fee added to the total invoice.
- Bookings of 2 or more rehearsals canceled more than 48 hours prior will receive a full refund minus a $5 administration fee unless immediately rebooking canceled space.
- Bookings canceled within 48 hours are non-refundable but can be credited to a future reservation if booked at time of cancellation minus a $15 administration fee.
- All fees for unused studio time canceled without notice are not refundable and not eligible for credit.
- Cancellation due to COVID related illness or exposure are fully refundable and can be rebooked without incurring an admin fee.
PERFORMANCE & PUBLIC EVENT RENTALS
- Theatrical Repertory Plot of LED & conventional instruments with multiple open rigging points
- Column-free, flexible stage area with sprung, marley laid floor
- Standard seating – 75 seats on risers (subject to COVID capacity limits). 100 total chairs available for flexible seating arrangements.
- Upstairs Green Room with costume and prop storage
- (please note our green room and technicians booth is on the second floor and up a flight of stairs – technician set up can be moved into the theater space for accessibility upon request.)
NEW SPACE RATES * EFFECTIVE 7/15/22 *
Tech Rehearsal: $65/hr
Public Showing: $70/hr – includes House Manager/COVID Monitor
Performance: $105/hr – includes house technician, house manager and box office manager
NEW STAFFING RATES * EFFECTIVE 7/15/22 *
JGPG Technician (required for all tech rehearsals and performances): $27/hr
JGPG House Manager (required for all performances and showings): $20/hr
JGPG Box Office Manager (required for all ticketed events): $20/hr
TICKETING RATES (ticketed events are required to use our ticketing system)
Ticketing Page Set-up: $65 flat rate
Event Sales Tracking & Reconciliation: $50/show
- Personalized production support (including 1-2 production meetings) from the Annex Venue Manager and Technical Director
- Box office and ticketing set-up and website hosting (required for all ticketed rentals)
- Performance staffed by trained Annex Front of House and Technicians (required)
- Inclusion on the Joe Goode Performance Group website calendar and one social media promotion post
- Audio/Visual: PA system, 35mm plug input, 4 channel audio console
- Furniture: 100 stackable chairs, 2 tables
- Amenities: Wheelchair accessible lobby and theater, 2 single-stall gender neutral restrooms, WIFI
- Lighting design/lighting designer (renter is required to provide their own LD for any changes/additions to the repertory plot)
- Projectors – the Annex has three projectors available for use for an additional $50 flat fee.
- Additional marketing support or promotion
- Liability Insurance (required) – all public events are required to have liability insurance. Proof of coverage is due 30 days before the event
Performance Pricing Estimates:
Performance rentals are custom built based on an artist’s production needs and artistic vision.
These examples are designed to help you get a sense of the Annex’s price points and projected costs, they are not exact quotes.
The following are examples of simple performance rentals. A simple performance involves:
- Use of repertory lighting plot (no additional instruments or custom lighting design)
- Pre-recorded sound
- No major technical components such as projection or live music.
Use of projection, additional lighting instruments, complicated staging, or changes to the rep plot will require additional tech time.
To get quotes specific to your production, initiate a conversation by emailing [email protected]
Two-Show Performance Weekend:
|12 hours of technical rehearsal (load-in, cue to cue & dress run) w/staffing||$1104|
|8 hours of performance (four hour minimum/show) w/staffing||$1316|
|Box Office set-up and production support (flat fee)||$165|
Three-Show Performance Weekend:
|12 hours of technical rehearsal (load-in, cue to cue & dress run)||$1104|
|12 hours of performance (four hour minimum/show)||$1554|
|Box Office set-up and production support (flat fee)||$215|
Ready to learn more? Email [email protected] to start the discussion with the Production team!
The Annex is open for booking for private rehearsals and public classes.
Proof of vaccination for all participants and KN95 or double-masking is required at all time.
Safety is our guiding star & the Annex team is learning & adjusting every day. During the COVID-19 pandemic, some events are now being streamed virtually, while others are in-person at limited capacity. We look forward to hosting you back in our physical space safely.
header image: photo by Robbie Sweeny. to become other than dust – Annex Co-Production.
by jose e abad with Malia Byrne and Gabriel Christian. lighting by Grisel Torres