RENT THE JOE GOODE ANNEX FOR YOUR NEXT REHEARSAL, WORKSHOP, OR PERFORMANCE!
- Affordable Rates
- Transit Accessible by BART (16th St Mission) and multiple bus lines
- 28 ft x 42 ft (1176 sq ft) studio/stage space
- Sprung marley floors with radiant floor heat
- Rentable daily from 9am-11pm | 7 days/week
- Wheelchair accessible
- Fluorescent, Natural, and theatrical lighting
- Easy to use sound system
PRIVATE REHEARSAL & PUBLIC CLASSES/WORKSHOPS RENTALS
Private Rehearsals: $25/hour
Large Rental Discount – 10% off when you book 20 or more hours.
COVID Protocols and requirements:
Read the full JGPG Protocols: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nXnjGeQe1ndDy6gtBj8jEKwF-rU7CmGyQXggG1GKjA8/edit#
- Rentals must keep accurate lists of participants at every individual session, and make those lists available to Joe Goode Performance Group for contact tracing upon request. Any possible COVID exposures that occur must be reported to JGPG and to all participants in the class immediately.
- Masks are highly recommended for audience members of Performances regardless of capacity, but not required.
- The Annex is currently operating at full capacity (75 seats).
Ready to book? Check availability on our public calendar then email [email protected] with the dates and times you want!
STUDIO RENTAL POLICIES
- Deposit of 10% is due at time of booking. Monthly payment plans are available for long-term rentals.
- All rental activities are subject to Joe Goode Performance Group approval and availability of the space.
- JGPG reserves the right to cancel a rehearsal or class rental due to unforeseen / emergency circumstances. Fully contracted performance rentals will take priority and not be moved, unless in the case of an extreme situation or unresolvable conflict. A bumped renter will be notified as soon as possible and receive credit for a future reservation.
- Payment can be made via credit card or check. Credit card payments are subject to a credit card processing fee added to the total invoice.
- Bookings of 2 or more rehearsals canceled more than 48 hours prior will receive a full refund minus your deposit unless immediately rebooking canceled space.
- Bookings canceled within 48 hours are non-refundable but can be credited to a future reservation if booked at time of cancellation.
- All fees for unused studio time canceled without notice are not refundable and not eligible for credit.
- Cancellation due to COVID related illness or exposure are fully refundable and can be rebooked without incurring additional fee’s.
PERFORMANCE & PUBLIC EVENT RENTALS
- Theatrical Repertory Plot of LED & conventional instruments with multiple open rigging points
- Column-free, flexible stage area with sprung, marley laid floor
- Standard seating – 75 seats on risers (subject to COVID capacity limits)
- Upstairs Green Room with costume and prop storage
- (please note our green room and technicians booth is on the second floor and up a flight of stairs – technician set up can be moved into the theater space for accessibility upon request.)
NEW SPACE RATES * EFFECTIVE 11/1/23 *
Tech Rehearsal: $70/hr
Public Showing: $75/hr
NEW STAFFING RATES * EFFECTIVE 11/1/23 *
JGPG Technician (required for all tech rehearsals and performances): $30/hr
JGPG House Manager (required for all performances and showing): $30/hr
JGPG Box Office Manager (required for all ticketed events): $30/hr
TICKETING RATES (ticketed events are required to use our ticketing system)
Ticketing Page Set-up: $65 flat rate
Event Sales Tracking & Reconciliation: $50 flat rate
- Personalized production support (including 1-2 production meetings) from the Annex Venue Manager and Technical Director
- Box office and ticketing set-up and website hosting (required for all ticketed rentals)
- Performance staffed by trained Annex Front of House and Technicians (required)
- Inclusion on the Joe Goode Performance Group website calendar and one social media promotion post
- Audio/Visual: PA system, 35mm plug input, 4 channel audio console
- Furniture: 100 stackable chairs, 2 tables
- Amenities: Wheelchair accessible lobby and theater, 2 single-stall gender neutral restrooms, WIFI
- Lighting design/lighting designer (renter is required to provide their own LD for any changes/additions to the repertory plot)
- Projectors – the Annex has three projectors available for use for an additional $50 flat fee.
- Additional marketing support or promotion
- Liability Insurance (required) – all public events are required to have liability insurance. Proof of coverage is due 30 days before the event
Performance Pricing Estimates:
Performance rentals are custom built based on an artist’s production needs and artistic vision.
These examples are designed to help you get a sense of the Annex’s price points and projected costs, they are not exact quotes.
The following are examples of simple performance rentals. A simple performance involves:
- Use of repertory lighting plot (no additional instruments or custom lighting design)
- Pre-recorded sound
- No major technical components such as projection or live music.
Use of projection, additional lighting instruments, complicated staging, or changes to the rep plot will require additional tech time.
To get quotes specific to your production, initiate a conversation by emailing [email protected]
Two-Show Performance Weekend:
|12 hours of technical rehearsal (load-in, cue to cue & dress run) w/staffing||$1104|
|8 hours of performance (four hour minimum/show) w/staffing||$1316|
|Box Office set-up and production support (flat fee)||$165|
Three-Show Performance Weekend:
|12 hours of technical rehearsal (load-in, cue to cue & dress run)||$1104|
|12 hours of performance (four hour minimum/show)||$1554|
|Box Office set-up and production support (flat fee)||$215|
Ready to learn more? Email aj[email protected] to start the discussion with the Production team!
The Annex is open for booking for private rehearsals and public classes.
Proof of vaccination for all participants and KN95 or double-masking is required at all time.
Safety is our guiding star & the Annex team is learning & adjusting every day. During the COVID-19 pandemic, some events are now being streamed virtually, while others are in-person at limited capacity. We look forward to hosting you back in our physical space safely.
header image: photo by Robbie Sweeny. to become other than dust – Annex Co-Production.
by jose e abad with Malia Byrne and Gabriel Christian. lighting by Grisel Torres