The Joe Goode Annex presents Virtual Open House 5.0!
we are very excited to bring you our new series of Virtual Open Houses – a platform for digital performance.
Show date: Friday, February 26 @ 7pm PST, streamed via Twitch.tv/joegoodeannex – please note, audiences will need to register via Twitch in order to participate in the live chat feature. We recommend it! To do so, you will need to create a username + pw (all free!) so please plan ahead and give yourself time to do so! You WILL be able to VIEW ONLY the stream without an account.
Suggested donations $5-30 encouraged to support artist stipends, future programs, and our tech team.
VOH 5.0 Artists: Carmina Marquez (they/she) + Maneesh Raj Madahar (he/him) | Chhoti Maa (Vreni Michelini Castillo – she / they / elle) | Chibueze Crouch (she/hers) | pateldanceworks (Bhumi Patel – she/they) | Sandra Scheuber (she/her)
“we are learning how to be an accessible, virtual venue- while resisting white supremacy’s perpetuation of scarcity, merit & perfectionism in art making. we will not be evaluating any submissions for merit + aim to build a platform that matched our values.” GG, Melissa, and Nico of JGPG
some inside info on the selection of artists for this round
Our process was primarily on first-come first-served basis, with some light arranging by JGPG staff team GG, Melissa, Nicole—to work towards a balanced set of artists based on the following:
- We held a minimum of 4 out of the 5 slots for BIPOC artists.
- Work highlighting Queer/Trans Black Indigenous People of Color (QTBIPOC) visibility/bodies in the work itself
- Having a range and balance of age, ability and career stage
- This is not a merit-based ‘selection’ process. We will not be personally evaluating submitted content.
- We are able to offer $50 stipends for each work
stay tuned for future open houses