BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board of Directors Job Description
Joe Goode Performance Group (JGPG) promotes understanding, compassion and tolerance among people through the innovative use of dance and theater, as interpreted by the artistic vision and work of Joe Goode. The mission of the Company is to:
- create and perform dance theater works of the highest caliber and present them to the widest possible audiences
- make an intimate art that illuminates the human story, as a way of fostering compassion and tolerance
- enrich and promote the art form of interdisciplinary dance/theater, and
- educate people about the power of art making through workshops and seminars
Role of the Board of Directors
The JGPG Board plays a vital role in supporting the mission of JGPG. Board members are part of the ensemble that makes the Company a success. Many Board members are long-term fans and supporters of Joe’s work and that loyalty helps to draw in additional viewers and contributors to the company.
In its official capacity, the Board of Directors governs and holds fiduciary responsibility for JGPG. The primary means of governance are:
- Understanding the mission and history of the organization.
- Setting policy and providing direction for the organization by establishing a multi-year strategic plan, approval of the annual budget and monitoring financial performance.
- Hiring and overseeing the Executive Director.
Directors serve a three-year term, renewable one time and Board Member responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Supporting the financial sustainability of JGPG
- Contributing and/or garnering a minimum of $1000.00 in funding.
- Soliciting personal and professional contacts for financial support.
Performance, Event and Marketing Support
- Attending Company performances, key events and activities.
- Representing and promoting the organization in his/her own community and to the community at large.
Meeting Attendance and Participation
- Attending a minimum of seven Board meetings a year. Board meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm.
- Maintaining and expanding the organization’s current network of relationships.
- Serving on a minimum of one Board committee and actively participating in the planning and execution of a minimum of one project a year.
What’s in it for you?
Our highest aspiration is to attract Board members that are both committed to the arts and to the innovative work of JGPG.
If you join us, you will:
- get an inside view of Joe Goode’s creative process and the privilege of seeing the development of performance pieces.
- be inspired by the community and culture built around the JGPG.
- make new connections and friends with other board members, dancers, staff, and the extended JGPG family.
- gain valuable board member experience.
If you are interested in learning more about a Board role, please contact Chris Murchison, Chair of the Board Development Committee, at [email protected].
No current audition opportunities. Stay tuned!
Joe Goode Performance Group volunteers are passionate, dedicated friends of the company interested in sharing their time to serve the mission of the company. We are always looking for individuals to assist with our performances and special events. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering please email[email protected]and let us know your interests. You can also join our email list to keep up to date on our upcoming events and volunteer calls.