The Joe Goode Performance Group’s Co-Production Program at the Joe Goode Annex
2020-2022 Co-Production artists: Jocelyn Reyes & Jhia Jackson
- REYES Dance presents LASOS, Sep 29-Oct 1, 8pm. LASOS, Spanish word for ties, is a new work of film and live performance exploring the links between childhood trauma and chronic pain within the context of Latin American culture and traditions. Conceived and directed by Jocelyn Reyes, LASOS mines the artist’s personal story of recovery from debilitating pain. Like many first-generation Latin Americans living in the U.S., Reyes received a loving but severe upbringing in which corporal punishment was commonplace. After moving to San Francisco in 2017, she began to develop signs of fibromyalgia, a condition which eventually overwhelmed her central nervous system leaving her bedridden for months. LASOS explores the journey Reyes made in the year that followed, uncovering the hidden ties between her childhood experience of abuse and her present-day affliction. With LASOS, Reyes aims to give hope that it’s possible to break the cycle of suffering just as it’s possible to break the cycle of violence. More information + tickets here.
If you’d like to learn more about the 2020-2022 Co-Production artists, please visit their respective websites at www.jhiajackson.com and www.reyesdance.com.
Joe Goode Annex’s Co-Producing Program (JGA CPP) partners with performance makers to share resources needed to present a live show. This program prioritizes artists in need of access to producing opportunities (LGBTQIA+* artists, artists of color, differently abled artists).
Co-Production benefits include the following, for in-person* shows:
- 2-3 Performances
- 10-15 complimentary Rehearsal Studio Time
- 10 hours of Technical Rehearsal Hours
- Dedicated House Technician
- Access to technical equipment
- Marketing – Branded as Co-Production of JGPG
- Box Office support
- Progress showing
- 2 hours of support from each department – Admin/Finance, Marketing, Production/Tech, other
- In-house Production Management/Technical Direction ($450 value)
- HM and BO Staff for Performances
- Performer keeps the Box Office Revenue + Receives door list
- Concessions hosted by Joe Goode Annex ($230 value)
- Access to Hot Desk in office ($200 value)
- Insurance coverage ($250 value)
- …and more. *Co-Productions will evolve based on the possibility of live events
Our pilot Annex Co-Production Program in April, 2019 featured to become other than dust, a collaborative piece instigated by jose e abad in collaboration with Malia Byrne and Gabriel Christian.
MORE EVENT INFO
“This piece is an exploration of what we find to be urgent, the poetics of relationships, and the things we’re unwilling to forget.” Thu-Sat, April 11-13, 8pm, Joe Goode Annex.