To make something, to build something, is not just exerting the force of your skill and intelligence upon the world. It is also a process of looking inward, of gaining new perspective, of inhabiting your life in a more deliberate way. – Joe Goode
Embodied Leader is a tailored workshop experience to take care of the body at work, taught by professional dancers from renowned dance theater company Joe Goode Performance Group.
Who is it for?
Leaders from across sectors, those seeking to build their own capacity and creativity, and that of their teams.
Sessions are designed to be inclusive, for all physical abilities and experience levels.
What will you learn?
By tapping into your creativity, participants will learn how an embodied approach towards work can increase empathy, lower stress, and improve teamwork
Examples of what you might do at a workshop:
- Focus on the self:
- Stand or lie down for guided visualization and meditation
- Breathing exercises to slow down in your body
- Free-write in a journal
- Practice tuning into all of your senses with gentle stretching
- Simple group activities:
- Listening to and observing what’s happening in the room
- Basic following movement with arms in a group setting
- Building a sense of connection and empathy with those around you
Sample Embodied Leader experiences:
- 2 hour class at your workplace
- 5 hour session as part of a staff retreat
- Participatory class during a conference or convening
- Series of 2-hour classes offered to employees on a weekly or monthly schedule
Previous Clients include Leaders from:
- Wisdom 2.0
- Delivering Happiness