Seeking: Annex Artist Coordinator
$20/hr non-exempt, 15-20hr/wk
Flexible schedule, with some weekends and evenings
Remote to start due to COVID-19, transitioning to Joe Goode Annex Office
Founded in 1986, Joe Goode Performance Group (JGPG) is a nationally recognized dance theater organization whose mission is to promote understanding, compassion and tolerance among people through the innovative use of dance and theater. Its mission is enacted through performances, educational programs, and a studio theater, the Joe Goode Annex.
Annex Artist Coordinator Summary
Working with guidance from and collaboration with the Venue Manager, and administrative/human resource management from the Executive Director, the Annex Artist Coordinator interfaces directly with artists and other individuals/organizations renting the Annex or sharing their work via the Annex platform, ensuring that their Front of House needs are met: before, during, and after their events.
The position requires strong communication skills and attention to detail, with an artist-centered approach. They will work closely with the Venue Manager, Program & Communications Manager, as well as the Artistic and Executive Directors, and full staff.
- Support virtual and live-streamed programs (coordinating with artists, facilitating dialogues, program ideation)
- Participate (along with Venue Manager) in pre-show meetings with artists
- Manage Artist marketing materials
- Online Box Office set-up & adding events on JGPG website
- Support social media promotion of Annex events
- Respond to Annex Artists’ questions about ticketing and Front of House
- Respond to audience inquiries for tickets, including exchange/refund requests
- Schedule work shifts and train Front of House staff, including new COVID-19 protocols
- Post-show ticket reconciliation
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with JGPG colleagues, constituents, and community members, in the ethos of JGPG’s methodologies
- Enact JGPG values by creating spaces for storytelling and resilience
- Fill in as Front of House staff, as needed
- Support access to the Annex to artists, as needed
- Curiosity and interest in group process and collaboration (e.g. co-writing, workshopping ideas, etc.)
- Previous Front of House experience
- Excitement and love for the live performing arts, bringing an energy into sharing that with peers and the public!
- Openness to embodiment and storytelling practices in staff meeting contexts
- Investment in learning about and implementing new workplace models, in alignment with JGPG’s Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity work (see below for more)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in adapting to varied needs of Annex Artists
- Knowledge of Zoom, Salesforce (Patron Manager preferred), WordPress, or similar online technologies
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Since 2019, JGPG has been invested in ongoing equity-centered dialogues, meetings, learning opportunities, and is beginning to enact the structural changes needed to more fully live our values. Any new member of the JGPG team would be welcomed into this vital part of our work, which takes place through working and discussion groups, affinity gatherings, and training/workshops. Read more at joegoode.org/about/equity
Physical requirements include lifting boxes and materials (50lb limit), writing, typing, talking on the phone, walking, standing and sitting. Accommodations will be made to the extent possible.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends is required.
Note: JGPG is also seeking a half-time Program Coordinator, a position that focuses on JGPG’s own artistic and education programs. We are open to discussing merging these roles into a single full-time position, should that be of interest.
Email us to introduce yourself – share your professional or artistic background, related experience, and interest in the role – along with a simple resume (or list of relevant experience) to Michelle Lynch Reynolds, Executive Director, at [email protected] Please include the job title in subject line.
Interviews for the role will be conducted over Zoom.
*Joe Goode Performance Group is non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds – BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities – are encouraged to apply! JGPG aligns itself with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and considers all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and conviction records.